- Your dog is NOT permitted OFF-LEASH in the
- Your dog IS permitted OFF-LEASH once you have checked in at
the reception building, have received your dog's Sagacious Dog Country identification
number and signed the liability waiver. Check in at the reception building
prior to leaving the facility to hand in your dog's identification number.
Please remember that OFF-LEASH means you must have your dog under control at all
times. This means an adult human must accompany the dog.
- You must carry your dog's leash with you at all times and a
canteen filled with water for you and your dog.
- Please remove your dog from the area or the
facility if it begins to play too rough or is out of control.
Please leash your dog and leave.
- Aggressive dogs are not welcome, if at any time a dog shows
any sign of being dangerous toward people or other dogs it is to be removed from
the facility immediately.
- No people food is permitted to be eaten on the walking trails. People food will be permitted in the private park area. No
dog food, except for treats, or treats for training purposes. Cigarette
smoking is not permitted. Cigarette butts do not enhance the walking
trails and we don't want any accidental fires started. The nearest
volunteer fire departments are miles away.
- Please NO PUPPIES under 4 months old. We want these
babies to have their immune systems fully functional and also most importantly,
they may be too small in comparison to a large adult dog.
- PLEASE DO NOT BRING YOUR FEMALE DOG IF SHE IS IN HEAT.
- No more than 3 dogs are allowed at one time with an owner.
- Please do not bring children under the age of 8 years for
their own safety. The children will need to be supervised closely.
This facility is for the dogs and not for children. Children are expected
to behave with no running, no chasing each other or the dogs, no yelling or
screaming, no petting other dogs unless permission has been requested from the
owner. A dog may think a child is a prey animal if that child is
running. The exception for children younger than the age of 8 years will
be for special events or activities.
- If your dog poops on the walking trail or within the
confines of the smaller fenced areas, please clean it up. Poop bags will
be provided at the reception building. Please bring all throw away items
to the trash receptacle at the reception building or located at the toilet
facilities on the trail.
- Please remember that you are using the facility at your
own, your dog's and family member's risk. You are responsible and liable
for your dog's actions and behavior as well as family members at all
times. You and your dog are not on a deserted island by yourselves.
- One of the most important etiquette points, is to please
have safe fun with you dog and thoroughly enjoy your time at Sagacious Dog